Friday, February 12, 2010



Crossfit Jax

I just can't say enough about this joint. Today I had the privilege of meeting some people who share my passion for a good crossfit experience. Clint and Neal from "The Shop" travelled all the way from Topeka, Kansas in the name of self improvement. On their blog they describe themselves as average people looking for above average results. They have been following and participating in the blogs of some of the avant-guarde programmers such as CFJax, 324, and Sin City Crossfit. In true CFJax form Chris, Mego, and Turbo were happy to give them the experience. I have to say I think they picked the right place. No disrespect for an L1 cert but you just cant beat the environment and people that you get in a box as passionate as CFJax.

We got some good Oly tips from Chris while we were working towards a 1rm Clean and Jerk. I PR'd at 160 lbs. Hit a few muscle ups on the sexy wooden rings (which I now am on a search for for my garage). And then finished up with an AMRAP.

18 mins
row 500m
30 double unders
clean and jerk 135#

5 rounds

Thanks everyone, I had a blast as usual.


3 comments:

  1. It was an awesome weekend. I haven't been too many places but I don't think I need to to know a good thing when I see it. It was an incredible experience for us to train and study at cfjax. Thanks so much for coming up for the day and we look forward to getting together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for coming up. we had a great time. for you guys to take time out of your day to come hang out with us means alot and you truly made us feel like part of the family. thanks again neal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleasure was all mine guys! Anytime you want to come visit we will be happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete