Thursday, January 28, 2010

In honor of having my cooktop finally working...

Paleo Fish Fry!




wild caught halibut filet
1 tbs virgin coconut oil
coconut flour
unsweetened coconut flakes
1 egg (omega 3 enriched)
splash of coconut milk

Heat coconut oil on med in a skillet. Whisk the egg and splash of coconut milk in a shallow bowl. Coat fish in coconut flour, dip in the egg mixture allow excess to drip off. Roll in coconut flakes. Place in the oil, turn when the flakes begin to brown. remove from heat blot with a paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt.

The side dish in the photo is my version of a spinach pesto spaghetti squash recipe I found. It's a really good recipe. You can find it here along with a paleo stuffed pork idea:

http://thegoodeatah.blogspot.com/2009/01/spaghetti-squash-with-spinach-walnut.html

I believe in giving credit where it's due. I thought this was a great idea. I left out the walnuts and used a little more spinach and added shallots. If you aren't really strict paleo, I think it would rule with some grated fresh parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment