Sunday, January 3, 2010

800m run

AMRAP 10 mins

15x thrusters @ 70#
10 wide push ups
10 dips

score....3

A good example of a day when I should have just rested. I'll say this though. I have serious respect for anyone who strictly trains alone in their garage. It's really awesome to have the ability to train whenever I can right outside, but damn if it isn't really mentally hard to get moving and push hard.

I don't have a lot of equipment out there yet so I got creative today. I was supposed to be doing heavy thrusters, muscle ups, and double unders. I had 10 minutes and either really heavy weight or light weight and bar. I really did have myself convinced for a little while that I had a 125# squat clean thruster for more than 1 rep. I squat cleaned it and went to drive out and just had to laugh. Not sure what I was thinking there. Especially after yesterday. So I thought , OK maybe back squats...hit a few of those and really thought it best to stick to the movements Tanner and RH were using so that I don't double up this week. So I loaded the bar with 70, and picked two other weaknesses to throw into the 10 minutes I had to train. Used the washer and dryer sitting in the garage for dips. Everything felt awful since my midline is fried from yesterdays deads. I don't feel like I got much done, but I got my ass moving.

This week I have only afternoons to set aside for training so I think I'll be doing two a days with minimal rest. Probably a good idea anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment