Saturday, December 5, 2009

3 rnds for time

800 m run
21 power snatch (135#/95#)



Tanner: 17:14
RH: 20:46
MK: 27: 54

I was happy with this WOD regardless of the time. As soon as I was done I looked at RH and said that probably should have been a sub 20 WOD, but I don't know that I could have done this WOD at 95# last May. I was in some pain with the snatch unless my form was really good. I thought about scaling to 85# but I didn't feel like the shoulder was going to be injured more, just that it was going to hurt. I don't know if that makes sense but in this case the pain combined with the fact that 95# is not easy for me to muscle was a good teacher. I was forced to use my hip and pull under to avoid pain and not fail. I think I failed 2 reps total.

"I found myself running far faster than I had all day; I wasn't even conscious of my feet touching the ground as I crested the knoll ahead of the finish line. I wasn't running; it was as if something much larger than I was running me." -Yiannis Kouros, ultra marathon runner

1 comment:

  1. this was a tough one, even without the reasons you stated. that you peformed as well as you did shows marked improvement from mid-week. your body is in less shock, and the workout itself is the primary stressor. i'm anxious to see where you'll be at in the new year. i'm proud of your success this week for a variety of reasons. recover, monday starts a new game.

    ReplyDelete