Sunday, August 29, 2010


Paleo Southwest Frittata

1 tbs chili oil (contains soybean oil which is not paleo friendly-chili jam might be better)
2 tbs olive oil

1/2 green pepper diced
1/4 white onion diced
1 cup diced mushrooms
5 grape tomatoes diced
1 small jalapeno diced
chopped fresh cilantro

3 eggs, 3 whites
1 tsp white pepper
pinch of fine sea salt
avocado sliced

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Whisk the eggs and seasoning in a bowl.
Heat chili oil and olive oil in skillet, throw in green peppers, onions, jalapenos, and shrooms. Saute on med heat to desired firmness then add tomatoes and cilantro for the last few minutes.
Lower the heat on the veggies and pour in the eggs, remove from heat and place the skillet in the oven. Bake for 10-15 mins. Flip onto a serving dish and slice like a pizza, top with avo slices.
Serves 4 or can be refrigerated and reheated :)

It's Sunday. Eat bacon, drink black coffee.

10 comments:

  1. Followed suit. Black coffee, bacon and frittata. Awesome weather ony makes the Sunday morning all the better

    ReplyDelete
  2. RH, do you know what these ingredients mean for you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa!
    Just sort of stumbled onto your blog,it has so many wonderful recipes. I'm new to Paleo,need some help. Would it be okay to email them to you??
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trixie :) I can try to answer some Qs but I usually send people to the sources where I get mine answered. I am in no way a nutritionist, but I do my best to help people find what they need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!
    Should I email you? Or post it here??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome, I will give it a shot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete