Friday, September 24, 2010


I came home this morning to find that my L1 cert had been removed from the wall of CFD and sent to my doorstep. As many of you know I have had a really tough time in my personal life the last 6 months and I am sure I have not been easy to deal with. I'm doing my best to keep my life together, but it is proving to be really hard.

I had decided to take a little time to step back from CFD this week, not work and just train on my own here at the house. Anyone who keeps up with this blog will know how hard it can be to keep on your game with training when your personal life, work, school, kids...get in the way. I needed to get my head right. Luckily I was starting to get back in tune with myself when I found out that I am no longer needed on the CFD team.

I just want to send out a huge thank you to all of the people who helped make Crossfit Daytona the amazing place that it is. First and foremost Ricky Joe, Bob and DJ, and my mom, Kathy. You guys had some serious faith in me. Some of the most supportive people I have ever met. Building CFD with RH has been the second most rewarding thing I ever did and it could not have happened without the support of you all. (Troy being in the #1 most rewarding of course) I learned a lot about a lot. Ricky Joe is the godfather of the place, he encouraged it's exsitence since hearing about just a glimmer of an idea about it. Bob and DJ are the ones you all should thank when you see waters, TP, paper towels, a clean floor!! They have given countless hours of mindpower and elbow grease to make sure that the box is thriving. Secondly, to the Ouelette family, thank you so much. Lynn you walked out of Gold's gym with us and have been there since the start in the Trails Park. Eventually bringing in your entire family and lots of friends to help us get off the ground. Debbie Z. You too! And lastly to each and every person that I have coached or trained with in the last 2 years. You have all made a huge impact on my life. I enjoyed every minute of it and I feel blessed to have made such great friends. I'm crushed to have to bring this part of my life to an end but apparently it is what is best for CFD.

I wish the best of luck to the continued success of CFD and it's family. As for me, I am going to continue my current training here at home and (hopefully more beach WODs) while I finish massage school. Speaking of my LMT I really appreciate all of the support my massage school friends and teachers have given me since beginning in March. That school has been a saving grace in more ways than one. Everything really does happen for a reason. I am not complete if I am not coaching crossfit, this much I have learned in the past 6 months. So, I'm sure that L1 will find its way on to a wall again someday soon right next to my LMT just as was planned from jump street. Thanks all for reading.

MK





3 comments:

  1. Sending you powervibes hun. This has gotta be hard. Take care of you, trust the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not accepting the notion that you are never going to be a part of the CFD family again. Just like any "real" family, members don't just leave or be asked to go. Take some time away then re-evaluate. There are a lot of us here that love you and will always love you. You will always be part of my Crossfit family, Sister.
    We all learned a lot from you and have been motivated by your example of cowgirling up and gittin it done! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    You are a vital part of CFD. Please know that you are a very big part of the reason I have been there for over a year and continue to test my limits.
    You are an amazing coach. Your ability to recognize slight technical placements of hands, feet...and your guidance has made all of us better athletes.
    CFD is so proud of YOU. This box is where Melissa Kiel trains and we are fortunate for that.
    I love you and will talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete